Thursday 17 November 2011

Shauns Hw And My Own Research

Shaun’s Hw and My Own Research has helped me with my own ideas for my pre title sequence as it has given me a chance to divulge more into the pre title sequences world and see what is out there for me too look at. Shaun’s how was to analyse the pre title sequence of Zombieland and for My Own Research I looked at the 28 Days Later and Edward Scissorhands pre title sequence. I chose these two sequences as they both looked interesting in the way that they’ve been made and to me when watching the film, they communicated a lot to me through their title sequences. There not of the same genre but I decided that I want to get a feel for all genres possible before I make the decision of what genre I’d like to do for my pre title sequence.

Shaun’s Hw didn’t really help me with my own ideas as such, but it did help me with looking into greater detail at pre title sequences and finding more hidden meanings that indicate to the audience what this film maybe about. It helped me with this as it seemed to make me pay more close attention than usual and when I did I noticed so many more things such as I was able to tell one of the settings for the film and I was also able to grasp what the director and pre title sequence designer has tried to do with regards to communicating the film idea to the audience. I never noticed quite what the title designer was trying to do, but when I saw the intertextual reference I linked it straight back to the lighting which didn’t suggest zombie horror and I knew straight away it was a spoof. I guess I could say that doing this piece of Hw has helped me with ideas regarding my pre title sequence as now I know what a spoof of a zombie horror looks like and if I was to do a spoof of a film, I would know what to do. Also with reference to my analytical skills when looking at a pre title sequence, I now feel they have dramatically improved as I am able to pick up on stuff such as the intertextual reference and such other things which allow my skills and knowledge at making a pre title sequence to develop as well as now I know just what to do when making title sequences for specific genres.

What I have learnt from my own research is that to do a zombie horror, would require a lot of make up and good sound effects as that and the editing is what makes a good Zombie horror. However something I have learnt is to do a drama such as Edward Scissorhands would be very interesting in the fact that it gives many hints to the audience as to what could exist in the film, but it doesn’t give any suggestions at all as to what the story line maybe as just when you think you have the narrative all mapped out in your head, an on screen image is shown to you in the title sequence that you just don’t know where it fits in and it tends to blow you away. So far in My Own Research and looking at other pre title sequences I haven’t found a title sequence just as vague as this one as it gives very little detail as to what the narrative maybe about and as the audience it makes you ask so many questions in your head that you want to know the answer to and that’s only just in the pre title sequence.

Even though the Zombieland pre title sequence analysis may not have helped me in the way I wanted it to, it has still made my skills progress in the analysing part of title sequences and how much you need to concentrate when watch a title sequence as you can miss a lot within the blink of an eye and this is what the reviewing on the Zombieland pre title sequence has done for me. However when looking at my own research I feel that the two sequences I have analysed have back the information that I already know and has given me new information on how to best go about making a pre title sequence for a specific genre type.

No comments:

Post a Comment