Tuesday 1 November 2011

Media Continuity CW


This is my continuity piece which I made with Michael and Dominic. Me and Michael were the actors and Dominic was the person who was filming all of the action.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this piece of work as it taught me many things about filming a piece of work and editing that video you have made , it also made me realise just how hard making a film is when you have to think of the idea and film the piece from scratch. Another thing that I personally found hard about making this piece was sticking to the storyboard which is your plan of what to do when filming, in my opinion I found it hard to stick to the storyboard as I kept wanting to change it all the time whilst we were filming. Also what I found challenging about making this piece would be keeping the shot times quite short so that the audience watching it doesn't get too bored whilst viewing the film. When editing our work we found that some of our clips were too long and so we had to cut them down and make them shorter so that the camera wasn't too focused on just watching one shot for a long time.

What I enjoyed most about making this piece of film is the independency. The fact that you get to choose what camera angles you want, where you want the camera to go and what you want the actors to say in those certain shots. Other things that I enjoyed about making this clip is the part where you get to edit the footage that you have filmed and cut it and place it just how you want it to be so that you like it. It was fun using the technology that comes with editing and I have learnt many new skills when practising on it. Out of all the things I have said about making this clip whether it is the difficulties or the fun parts, the best bit by far about filming and editing your own piece of footage is the glory that you feel inside when you see it played and you know that you was the person who filmed that and edited that with your team, a sense of pride rises in you as you see your work being viewed by others around you.

The skills and knowledge that I have learnt from this experience I will carry with me throughout my media A level as I have now mastered the basics of continuity editing as well as editing in general by using the software. I have also learnt that storyboards are crucial when it comes to filming a piece of work as the storyboard provides you with a backbone (a plan) in order for you to start filming. The final thing that I have learnt from this filming and editing experience is too never focus on one shot for too long as the audience may get bored or restless with what they are seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment