Thursday 17 November 2011

My Case Study Presentation and Groundhog Day Task

In this lesson I presented my PowerPoint on Danny Yount (pre title sequence designer to the rest of the class so that they had an insight on what work he has produced. what this PowerPoint consisted of was my case study which had in it a background of how he came to be working as a pre title sequence designer, a catalogue of his work, two pre title sequences that he has made and that I have analysed and finally a quote from than man himself about his work. Once I had finished presenting my PowerPoint I watched a few of the other students PowerPoint’s on different designers and we then carried on our work on the film Groundhog Day from last week.

In my opinion I think my PowerPoint went well and that the case study I had done on Danny Yount was very professional and had all the right information needed. I watched a few other peoples case studies on different designers and when watching this I made little notes in my head of what title sequences I was watching so that if ever I could remember a good idea that I had saw in a pre title sequence but I know I had seen it somewhere before, then I know that I would have seen someone do a case study on it. Some of the title sequences that I saw in this lesson include; The Pink Panther 1, The Pink Panther 2 and The Final Destination. These were the ones that interested me most as they were the ones that stuck in my head the most. The Pink Panther 1 and 2 stuck in my head mostly because of the music it used, it was very catchy and stays with you for a very long time. The Final Destination pre title sequence stuck with me for a while as I liked the way it had used the x-ray theme to communicate to the audience the breaking of bones and it also gives it that added effect when someone gets hurt. The two pre title sequences that I analysed were Six Feet Under and Iron Man, I chose these two titles sequences that Danny Yount made as I found them to be the most interesting and they were the ones that won the most awards out of the rest of the pre title sequences that Danny Yount has designed. I made bullet point notes on these two sequences and then used the short notes that I had made on the two to talk to the class and communicate to them what I had saw through my own eyes.

After we had seen a few Presentations on peoples case studies we then carried on the work from Lesson 2 which was to come up with a new concept for the pre title sequence of Groundhog Day so that we could present it to the class when we had finished. As I already explained for our idea the male character who knows he is experiencing Groundhog Day has fallen in love with another character and he keeps bumping into this character in funny ways, but in every way she doesn’t know who he is because if this Groundhog day and every time they bump into each other he asks her out. We had to communicate this idea to the class through using typology and a shot from our pre title sequence. So we went on Google to find a picture to use for our pre title sequence shot and then we went on dafont and found a font to use to put over the picture we were going to use. We only just managed to complete this task before the end of the lesson and so we shall present out idea in next weeks lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment