Sunday 11 December 2011

Lesson 9 And My Own Research

Lesson 9 has helped me in many ways with regards to my pre title sequence as it has enabled me to get a better understanding of just how the film industry work, especially with regards to the distribution of a film. In this lesson i have learnt about what distribution is and just how films have been distributed in a certain way in order to communicate things to the audience. I have also looked into a Hollywood film myself and done a task set from the lesson to explore a film that is specifically from Hollywood. I chose to look at the new Sherlock Holmes film as it hasn't been released yet, so i saw this as a great opportunity to explore the distribution that this film would undertake and just how much would be put in to the distribution of this film. Looking at distribution in this lesson has helped me with regards to my pre title sequence and overall about films as it has enabled me to understand that the distribution also plays a big part in messages communicated to the audience about the film and it's themes and messages it is trying to communicate to the audience.

We also looked at how to write a pitch in this lesson and was later given the task of creating a pitch for our film that we are to make the pre title sequence for. This once again helped me as it gave me an added boost in knowledge of how to write a pitch and the basic fundamentals you would need in order to write a pitch and learning this in the lesson helped me with regards to the task we had to do which was to create a pitch for the film that we would be making a pre title sequence for and without the information that we was given in this lesson, i don't think that i would have been able to create the pitch that i created for the task.

My own research also helped me with planning my pre title sequence and also now looking at drawing sketches for the title sequence for our film. It helped me as it once again broadened my ideas of what i could possibly do when it came down to mapping out my pre title sequence and thinking about the design and how best to go about communicating certain themes to the audience. The pre title sequence that i have analysed in my own research is Superbad, this is a unique pre title sequence as it looks to be using silhouettes throughout of two of the main characters dancing and this communicates many of the themes of the film to the audience but also sets up many enigmas as it doesn't give the films narrative and plot away too much. When looking at this pre title sequence i think of how it could possibly be fitted to my film or how i could perhaps use it when drawing out the sketches for my pre title sequence but for now i will keep my ideas open, however when it comes to drawing the storyboards for my pre title sequence i will have many ways in which i could go about filming this title sequence as i have picked up many new ideas from specific title sequences that i have analysed.

No comments:

Post a Comment