Sunday 4 December 2011

Lesson 7, 8, Shaun's Hw And My Own Research

In lesson 7 my group presented our groundhog day idea to the class and then watched the rest of the classes groundhog day ideas. This gave me many ideas as to what things i could do for my pre title sequence as there were many different aspects of how best to go about doing a pre title sequence for this new British version of the film.  Also the ideas that other people came up with and the different ways in which you could do the pre title sequence were intriguing as i was able to take ideas for other people's presentation of the ground hog day idea and perhaps twist them so that they could fit my film or even just use little ideas for my own pre title sequence that may make it look better or can assist it in helping me to communicate the themes of my film to the audience. This lesson also helped me with regards to my presenting skills and my confidence as i was able to present my groups piece of work to the class and see the response of what they thought of it and whether they had any comments on it that i could perhaps correct or things that the class thought went well about the idea. Also in this lesson we started to brainstorm our ideas for a new film that we would make the pre title sequence for, i thought this was good timing as i had made many notes on what i could do for my pre title sequence such as little ideas and aspects of how to go about doing it; perhaps animation or just one shot. Also the benefits of brainstorming our new film in our groups is that on my blog i had just done a few brainstorms on different ideas for different genres that we could possible do so then this helped me out a lot when it came to thinking of different ideas for our film. Having done some brainstorms on different genres i was able to suggest some ideas to my group  and see what they thought and whether they like any ideas that i had thought of.

In lesson 8 we as Paramount Vantage watched the films pitches of the other groups to see which one best suited our studio. This lesson helped me to understand many things about pitches and different studios as i was then able to understand that particular studios looks to put money into particular films depending on their budget, their genre and cast used. Also listening to the pitches to our film helped me to understand just what should be included within a pitch and just how to present a pitch as the rest of the groups demonstrated to me at the front of the class. Doing this task helped me to understand perhaps just what film studio might be linked with my film more than other film studios and when looking at the budget, cast and story line i have used, i think that one of the big 6 would be best suited for my film as i wouldn't see a film studio such as paramount vantage ever putting money in towards my film as they go for low budget drama/comedies. Also towards the end of the lesson we as the film studio presented our presentation of reasearch about our film production company to the rest of the class which gave me a boost in presenting as i got more practise at it.

I found that when doing Shaun's Hw it was very useful as i was able to get an understanding of what films, that are similar to my films, pre title sequences are like and in researching and analysing these two film i was able to get an understanding of the sort of budget, the cast, setting and director that it would need to use. This piece of homework has also helped me with ideas when thinking about my group and what we could do for our pre title sequence. Having looked and now analysed aa pre title sequence within the same genre as my groups film, we now know just what themes to communicate within the pre title sequence as well as what typology to use for the titles.

Finally when doing my own research this helped me with regards to my pitch and constructing my film idea as i have mentioned above. This has helped me as i am now able to understand what budget i will use for my film and also how much the film will make. This post has also helped me with what director, cast, setting and tag line to use as i have done research on Step Brothers and Happy Gilmore which is similar to my film and i can now give reason for my groups choices with regards to the director, cast, setting and tag line that we have all come together to think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment